Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Blues

Does the world need another blog?  Probably not.  But, if I feel like blathering, opining, griping, bloviating, sounding off, complaining, kvetching or . . . wait for it  . . .  animadverting about something, I need a blog.  It will never be my intention of offending or hurting anyone, so go with me on this.  I don't like discussing politics or religion.  Politically, I'm an independent who leans right; and in matters of faith, I'm a mavericky (to use Sarah Pahlin's adjective) Christian.  But enough about that. 

I'm a red-blooded 3rd-generation Euro-American, descended from German, Swiss, Italian, Irish, French, and English roots.  I boldly use the term Euro-American because it's appropriate, especially if others are allowed to use Latino-American, African-American, Asian-American, and Native American.  In fact, the last term puzzles me coz (1) Since I was born in America, I'm native, and (2) since I live in America, I'm American.  So why aren't I Native American?  Enough said about that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment