Monday, March 10, 2014

Snow

I like snow, even if I get a sore back from shoveling it. 

I've heard that Eskimos have a buhzillion words for snow but don't know if that's true.  I have only four: 

  • Fluffy snow
  • Wet snow
  • Dirty snow
  • Melted snow
It's dirty snow season in NW Minnesota.  Nothing pretty about it as the dirt and gravel mixes in to make a unsightly concoction. 

The nicest thing about snow is the comfy and sheltered feeling it gives you when you're looking out the window and feeling safe.  I never feel more safe than when it's snowing heavily at night. 

When my kids were small, we'd build snow forts on the lawn . . .  ones with tunnels and roofs.  I miss those days.

Now that it's dirty snow season, the dog turds absorb the warmth from the sunshine and almost magically pop through.  Keeping ahead of that is quite a chore, but it beats not having a dog.  My pet is Lola, the Scottie Dog.  10+ years old and going strong.  She has a heart as big as northern Minnesota.

I took the snow off my gazebo and garage roofs to prevent it from melting and running into my garage.  Melted snow is not my favorite thing.

A guy I know, named Leroy, once robbed the Rod & Gun Club across the road from his house.  The cops followed the tracks right up to his house.  I'll bet Leroy doesn't like snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment